Friday, October 31, 2008

shots of Candice in Paris (instead of my homework)

It's 11:30 on Halloween night,
and I know the next sentences will give my loved ones a fright,
instead of partying and dancing and being merry with glee,
I am doing homework and gorging on candy.
Tomorrow at 6:30 am I leave for Bourgogne,
but I can't sleep until packing and homework are done,
I will not have time for my homework once I arrive back in Par-ee
for Julia will be here, and there is much she needs to see.
Alors, c'est dommage, but then again don't forget,
they don't celebrate Halloween in France-- so I'm just being more cultural, en fait.

(can you tell I don't write poetry very often?)

things I'd rather do than work on my assignment:
1. put on lipstick
2. watch music videos on youtube
3. clean my room
4. look at pictures of me and realize that I still look like I'm 17 (which is why the Bailey's lady at the Chocolate Festival asked me if I was "majeure"-- of age to drink alcohol, which is 16 in France...)
5. Make a quick video of Candice's 'weekend' (34 hours) in Paris, on the 18th of October.

Voila!

No comments: