Sunday, October 5, 2008

busy fun exhausting weekend (+ silly video)

Despite the double noisette I had at Indiana Cafe (yes, Indiana...) this afternoon, I am ex-haus-ted. But I feel the need to communicate with all of you friends back home, who I, sadly, rarely communicate with...

Exciting Thing #1: I'm going to be a babysitter!!! Every monday afternoon and wednesday all day (...!), I get the job of playing with Lola, an absolutely ADORABLE 5 1/2 year old. I get to take her to the pool and read to her and watch movies with her and take her to visit her cousins and I get MONEY for this! I am not going to be poor in Paris! Yes, I am taking care of her at least 11 hours a week, which does suck up a lot of time, butttttt oh well. If it's really a problem, I'll figure something out.

Exciting Thing #2: I have a French friend. His name is Jason (oh yes, soooooo French), and he is the nephew of my host mom. Today we had coffee and ended up talking for 3 hours. Ok, I messed up, I let the conversation be in English (his English is really good, actually), but I promise, next time in French! He studies computer science but writes and creates hip-hop music in his free time. He's pretty awesome.

Exciting Thing #3: Nuit blanche!!! Last night, all of Paris was alive from 7 pm to 7 am, with art shows, concerts, performances, installations, videos, etc alllllllll over the city. The most fascinating thing I saw, by far, was a video on 6 blind people touching an elephant, and their reactions. Absofreakinglutely FASCINATING!!! And it was projected in this large, beautiful church (too tired to remember the name, sorry guys) that is famous for its enormous organ. While waiting for the movie to start, the organ played for a good 10 minutes and it was incredible.

Exciting Thing #4: You get to see a short, silly video I made. Voila:

Also Friday was our Sweet Briar group's Treasure Hunt at the Louvre, which I took lots of video of. So eventually, expect a video on that, in addition to the 5 million other videos I'm really behind on. But now, on to homework...

ps happy birthday megan!!!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Oh Orly, I love that video. Isn't life gorgeous and exciting! And I REALLY want some wine, and some ice cream...

P.S. Why the hell is excited and horny the same in every language!! We have that problem here, too. Bueno suerte con su frances.