Wednesday, November 26, 2008

quick update and quick video

I'm really behind on making videos, but you can't blame me when it takes nearly two hours to compile a 3 minute little thing (like what you're-- hopefully-- about to see). I have to cut out worthless seconds, put in titles, find a font I like, choose music (always impossible), have windows movie maker crash on me at least once, yadda yadda blahdy blah. I'm working on it, I promise.

So what is this one? It's just some brief shots of the Catacombs (The Parisian cemeteries were getting overcrowded and so they dug up bodies and put all the skulls and bones underground. Gee, what a fantastic idea!), which we went to on Halloween (ooh spooky), and then my weekend trip to Bourgogne the 1st and 2nd of November. Bourgogne was cute, really, and it's interesting to see some small towns, and ancient sights that aren't Parisian for a change.

Alors, voila:

I'm also starting to really stress about how much I have to get done at the end of the semester (December)... but it's hard to take academics seriously when Mihiri (my good friend from high school and Harvard, who I attend Yule Ball with every year) is here, or when I have plans to go traveling (Belgium this weekend for an IDAN RAICHEL CONCERT !!!, and then London the weekend after), or when we finally see the sunlight in Paris... sigh. In addition, I've been sending lots of long texts back and forth with a young, Parisian, Adrien-Brody-look-alike, which also makes it hard to concentrate on other things...

And finally, my host mom has a new granddaughter, born in Tel-Aviv today. So she will be flying down to Israel any day now. Awwww. It'll be interesting to see how my host dad and I manage... he doesn't know how to cook or do laundry, and I'm no whiz at either of them myself. Fun times ahead, I'm sure.

Oh PS- even though I feel like the last to realize this, just want to say GO WELLESLEY! hillary clinton and desiree rogers in the white house! i love being proud of my school...:)

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Wine tasting in France! Texting with hot Parisians! Why ever come home? Fantastic music choice, by the way.