Thursday, September 4, 2008

Finalement, eh?

Bonjour tout le monde!

I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to post something- anything!!!- in this blog. The combination of lots of activities, jet lag, and a super slow Internet connection has made for a long period of time in between video blog posts. I'm sure you're very happy to know that the jet lag has worn off, Sweet Briar and the town of Tours keep me busy with lots of fun activities like museums (des musee) (hey, how do we do accents on this thing?) and gardens (jardins) and hanging out with friends at La Place Plumereau (the 'it' section of Tours for young people who want to hang out). So, at least it's not like I haven't been posting videos because I have nothing to show you from lack of a life. But then again, this is me we're talking about-- when do I ever lack a life? When do I ever have a moment of freedom? ... exactly.

I now present to you a video of, again, completely crap quality. Like I mentioned before, it's really hard to find time to sit down and edit a video and make it look even slightly watchable. So forgive me.

Now, this video is me basically talking in DC about leaving the next day for France. Pretend like it's me talking to you, confiding, one on one, y'know? :) I have a second one made, from when I arrived in Tours, my first impression, and my activities during the weekend. But for some reason YouTube keeps telling me ''this video no longer exists' after it spends forever uploading it... so I'll work on it. In the meantime...

Video Blog 2: Orly in DC


Tonight I'm seeing a comedy in French. Let's see how much I can understand, eh? (by the way, the French add 'eh' to the end (or even beginning) of their phrases/sentences a lot. Not like Canadien 'eyy' but really just 'eh'. "On va manger, eh? Il fait beau, eh? Tu parles bien le francais, eh. Eh, ben oui, eh.")

And instead of video 3, in the meantime, I present to you the latest Mc Solaar (a famous French rapper) hit, 'le Rabbi Muffin,' which combines two of my favorite subjects: French, and Jews. Ha. The video is a takeoff of a scene in a famous, cult-favorite French comedy, The Mad Adventures of Rabbi Jacob. Enjoy.

No comments: