Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ca, c'est Paris!

On my first night in Paris, my friend Auni invited me out with some of her friends. I got off at Bastille and wound down the always popular, bar-and-restaurant crowded street named rue de Lappe. I met up with her in a restaurant there and we soon found a bar afterwards. It was a very fun first night out.

Tonight, after a nice last dinner with some American friends, the group walked back to Bastille, and happen to use rue de Lappe to get there. I hadn't been down the street in a while. It was packed and rowdy as ever. I passed by the bar Auni and I went to, where a random group of French people had offered us champagne, and passed the restaurant as well, where French boys gawked as Auni and I hugged hello (because only people in love hug in France. Normal friends kiss.).

It was just a very surreal moment, walking down the rue de Lappe on my last night in Paris while remembering being there on my first night in Paris.

I want to write more, but I get up in about 4 and a half hours, so... yeah. All I have to say is, this has been the best year of my life, and I wish it could continue. I want it to continue. Next year, I'm not writing a senior thesis, so instead, I'll spend as much time as possible figuring out how to come back to France after graduation. Plus, all my French friends will kill me if I don't.

Paris, je t'aimerai toujours. Merci pour tous. Now I'm heading back 'home' to LA...

1 comment:

Rose said...

With that kind of passion, I have no doubt you'll end up back in Paris. Keep in touch so I can come visit!