Thursday, December 25, 2008

Video Update Part 1

Alright, I'm finally sitting myself down and putting together videos. Quickly. So they're really lame. But here are two quick ones for now:

Video 13: Obama Night (nothing too exciting, just a snippet of life as an American in Paris):


Video 14: Cute Things about Amsterdam and Utrecht


Also, two other quick interesting things to note in my life:

1. went to Madrid this past weekend with Ana R (my middle school buddy) and really loved it. It was colorful, lively, warm, historical and yet also modern, beautiful, and very interesting. We also spent a few hours in Toledo. Mmm I officially love Madrid. The town is SO CLEAN too, even the metro! How do they do it? I taught myself some last-minute Spanish to help get us around, and it worked a bit, although here is what I've learned: if you speak French, it's difficult to teach yourself Spanish quickly because you will automatically still think in French, since the languages are similar, and get really confused. I will better prepare myself for my next trip to Spain and start learning Spanish now.

2. Last night I went to a Noel dinner at the home of my dad's best friend. I celebrated Xmas for the first time-- heck, I even got gifts! Woah. But have I celebrated a single night of Hanukkah? NO. Honestly, I love my host family, but what was the point of putting me with a Jewish host family if they don't even light the candles for Hanukkah? It's quite depressing, actually. At Wellesley, we always light candles. And at home, my family and I throw big Hanukkah parties at least 4 out of the 8 nights. I wish we'd just do SOMETHING at my place here... :(

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Ha, Orly, what a gorgeous life! What a gorgeous world! And a million miles from women carrying babies in handwoven cloth on their backs while herding sheep down unpaved streets. I love that you have such wonderful videos...inspired by you, I've started taking my own videos. Every time I get something filmed, I think of you, and fantastic adventures in Europe. Cute Europe boy by the way. :) And when we get home, we can exchange language notes...for my trip to northern africa (some time in the future) and your trip to Spain! Miss you.